Monday, July 21, 2008

Fun in the Sun. Galveston 2008

























Each year, usually prior to our summer vacation, I take my kids to Galveston Beach for a day trip. This year, I was actually surprised at how clean the water and the beach was. My sister in law Melanie and her 5 boys joined us for this trip. We had a blast!!





We first rode the ferry over to Bolivar and it took FOREVER to get back over to the mainland. Once we did, we headed over to West Beach (which is much cleaner and less crowded) and let the boys play in the ocean. We packed a picnic lunch and enjoyed our day in the sun.
The boys flew kites (which I love to do) and Mel and I kicked back and read our favorite book.






1 comment:

The Waco Newmans said...

I felt the same way about the water on our vacation- maybe its b/c there haven't been so many hurricanes this year? who knows, but it sure is nice to see something other than brown water @ the TX beaches!